This website is a property of Tough Love Salon, LLC, a company in the state of Maryland, which may be referred to as “Tough Love Salon”, “TLS”, “Salon”, and is implied when we use terms such as “our”, “we”, “us”.
WHAT INFORMATION DOES THE SALON COLLECT?
Tough Love Salon may directly or indirectly collect certain information from you when you share that information with us directly or when you use our services.
- Personal Information: “Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify or contact you, such as your name, email address, telephone number or similar information. We only collect Personal Information that you choose to share with us when visit our Salon or inquire about our products and services. We may retain your Personal Information indefinitely but will not use any of it for any other purpose than responding to your inquiries, informing you about our products and services, reminding you about appointments, and similar communications.
- Analytics Information: We use analytics services (“Analytics Partners”) to collect information about how our website and online services are used and to track the performance of our advertising campaigns. Our Analytics Partners may collect information about how many times you visit our website, what you visit when you explore our website, what parts of our website you access, and what other sites you visit before and after visiting our website. We have carefully selected each of our Analytics Partners, and are confident they take your privacy as seriously as we do. Our Analytics Partners use a variety of techniques to collect non-personal information about your visit to our website. Visit the links provided below to learn more.
- Site Visit Information: Our Salon may also collect certain types of non-personal information whenever you visit our website. This information helps the Salon operate our website and our online services. By “Site Visit Information” we mean information that does not identify you personally, such as IP address, device information, and browser information.
WHAT DOES THE SALON DO WITH THE INFORMATION IT COLLECTS?
Tough Love Salon collects information from you to provide useful services, to alert you about exciting opportunities, and to improve the quality and functioning of our website and online services. We do not sell or lease the information you share with third-parties. We only work with partners whom we believe will protect your data. However, you should read this section carefully to learn more about what we do with the information you share with us.
- We may use Personal, Analytics, and Site Visit Information to maintain your salon account, communicate with you about our services, troubleshoot issues, and improve site functionality.
- We may share Personal, Analytics, and Site Visit Information with our Service Providers in order to provide certain useful services. For example, to be able to send you SMS appointment reminders, confirm appointments, or inform you about special events.
- We may also disclose, at its sole discretion, your Personal or Site Visit Information as required by law, or to comply with a legally binding request—like a subpoena, warrant, or similar legally enforceable request for information.
“Cookies” are electronic files many websites place on a visitor’s computer to store information that makes each visit to a respective site more efficient. Our Salon may use both “session” and “persistent” cookies on its website. A session cookie stores information about you only while you are visiting our site, and is then deleted when you leave our site. Persistent cookies store information about you, your preferences, and information about other websites you visit, and it remains on your computer or device after you leave our website. To remove cookies, you may configure your browser to clear all cookies, or configure it to reject cookies whenever you visit a new website. Please consult your browser’s user guide for specific instructions on removing cookies.
“Beacons” are small graphic files with a unique identifier that are used to track a web or mobile site user’s online activities. Unlike cookies, beacons are embedded on websites, not downloaded on your computer or device. Our Salon may use beacons to better manage content on our website, our emails, and through our salon management software.
As discussed above, our Salon works with several other Service Providers to improve the quality of our website, our online services, and to give you access to more relevant information. Those services may also use session and persistent cookies, tracking beacons or other monitoring technologies. Please refer to those references for additional details.
DOES THE SALON STORE CREDIT CARD INFORMATION?
DOES THE SALON TRACK MY ACTIVITY ACROSS OTHER WEBSITES?
CAN I CHOOSE TO STOP RECEIVING NOTIFICATIONS?
Tough Love Salon may send you appointment notifications, newsletters, and other messages, including marketing emails, about exciting developments with our business, and to alert you to relevant advertisements and other opportunities. We may do so directly or by using a third-party service. We will only send you communications if you give us permission to do so by signing up for an account or by giving your email address or phone number to our front desk. We assume that you value these notifications, but you can always choose to stop receiving communications from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any marketing communication, by replying “STOP” to any text message, by logging into your client profile and opting out, or by asking us to opt out your client profile.
CAN CHILDREN USE OUR WEBSITE?
Our website, and the services we use, are not directed at children under 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal or other information from children under 13. Simply put, Tough Love Salon does not permit users under the age of 13 to use our website or our online services, or to perform any other type of activity. If you are the parent of a child under the age of 13, and you believe he or she has shared information with us, please contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org so we can review and remove their information from our systems.
WHAT IF I LIVE OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES?
Tough Love Salon operates in the United States, and our website and the services we use are hosted there as well. If you are visiting our website from another country, the laws governing collection and use of personal information may be different from the laws of your country. If you decide to visit our website, use our services, or share your personal information with us, you are agreeing to be governed by the laws of the United States, and you are expressly consenting to the transfer of your data to our Salon and to the United States.
WHAT IF I FOLLOW A LINK TO ANOTHER WEBSITE?
Our website, and the services we use, may contain links to other websites. Those websites are governed by their own privacy and data use practices and policies. Tough Love Salon does not have control over the privacy practices of those websites, and we have no control over how they collect or use the information you chose to share with them.
WHAT THIRD-PARTY SERVICES DOES OUR SALON USE?
- Millennium Systems — We use Meevo 2 from Milliennium Systems for our salon management software. This software has features that help us manage our business and our customer relationships, provides online booking, appointment reminders, etc.
- Salon Target — We previously used Salon Target (until September 15, 2018) for our salon management software.
- Google Analytics & Ad Tracking — We may use Google Analytics to gain insight about the use and performance of our site and the performance of our advertising campaigns.
- Microsoft Bing Analytics & Ad Tracking — We may use Bing Analytics to gain insight about the use and performance of our site and the performance of our advertising campaigns.
- Facebook Analytics & Ad Tracking — We may use Facebook Analytics to gain insight about the use and performance of our site and social media presence and advertising campaigns.
HOW DOES OUR SALON PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
Tough Love Salon takes the security of your personal information very seriously. In fact, we maintain compliance with the rigorous PCI DSS standards which are certified by Trustwave. This includes network and physical security standards that we enforce to keep our networks and all forms of information secure. Click the seal below to validate and confirm our status.
Our Salon uses reasonable administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to secure our information and the personal information you share with us. However, despite these safeguards and our additional efforts to secure your information, we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third-parties will not be able to defeat our security, and collect, access, steal, or modify your personal information.
HOW DO I CONTACT TOUGH LOVE SALON?
Tough Love Salon, LLC
356 Ritchie Hwy
Severna Park, MD 21146
Last Modified: 2018-11-19